Mykonos is one of the most beautiful islands I’ve ever been to. The white buildings, beautiful clear blue beaches, the little windy streets of the Mykonos town, every part of Mykonos has something special. This only makes it harder when trying to decide where to stay in Mykonos. From choosing what area of Mykonos to stay to what hotel in Mykonos to stay in, here is our Mykonos Accommodation guide to help you choose where to stay.
- Absolute Splurge
- Luxe For Less
- Hotels In Mykonos Under $200/night
- Budget Friendly: Hotels In Mykonos under $100/night
- Our Overall Favourites
What You Need To Know About Mykonos Accommodation
The sad truth about accommodation in Mykonos is that it can be expensive. Obviously there are lots of luxury options, but even for the more basic accommodation, you will pay more then you may elsewhere. With that in mind, we have done our best to find accommodation in Mykonos that provides a little more value for money. But I think you need to decide your reasons for going to Mykonos. If you intend to spend a lot of time at your hotel/villa, then perhaps it’s worth spending more. If you only need your hotel as a place to sleep, then location and value for money are probably more important. Or you might want to experience the best, it might be a special occasion like your honeymoon, in which case you probably want to splurge. Once you decide what’s important to you, it will be much easier to decide on accommodation.
Where To Stay In Mykonos?
Deciding where to stay in Mykonos could drastically change the type of holiday you have. I think the main decision you need to make is where to stay in Mykonos beach or town?
Option 1: Do you want to be more remote, in a more relaxing area, with a beautiful beach and not much else? You will also need to consider transport options such as bus routes and renting a car.
Option 2: Do you want to be able to walk out of your hotel, have shops, restaurants, bars and beaches, as well as lots of people and activity? You will have many bus routes available but may also benefit from renting a car if you want to see more remote areas.
Option 2 would be Mykonos Town, and perhaps staying in Ornos Mykonos and Platys Gialos. Option 1 would be most other beach areas.
We stayed in Mykonos Town (Chora) and for us, I think this was the best decision. It meant that whilst we could hire a car to drive around to all the remote beaches during the day, at night time and on other days, we had many restaurants, bars, shops and streets to get lost in. See our Mykonos accommodation guide below for our picks for where to stay in Mykonos Town.
Where To Stay In Mykonos For First Time Visitors
For first time visitors I would definitely pick Mykonos Town. Mykonos Town has a charming atmosphere, the little streets, the boutique shops, the restaurants etc. There are still nice beaches near by, and you can easily get out and explore during the day by bus or hiring a car or scooter.
Where To Stay In Mykonos For Families
For families, I would pick Mykonos Town, Ornos or Platys Gialos (Yalos). These three areas seem to have beaches as well as restaurants and regular bus routes. Mykonos Town would be the busiest, followed by Ornos then Platys Gialos.
Where To Stay In Mykonos To Party
Mykonos is famous for its clubs and attracting international DJ’s. Paradise Beach and Super Paradise Beach are known for its beach parties and clubs, and although there is some accommodation here, it’s pretty remote otherwise, with not much else to do. Mykonos Town is also a great option for where to stay in Mykonos for nightlife, and there’s also much more to do here, so this is another option.
Where To Stay in Mykonos For Couples
Again I would say Mykonos Town is a great option, with a variety of accommodation options and things to do. Otherwise, the more remote beach areas are great for relaxing, such as Agios Ioannis, Agios Stefanos and many others.
Booking Accommodation In Mykonos
When booking accommodation in Mykonos, there are three main websites that I use.
Booking.com has some of the best prices and a large number of accommodation options available.
Hotels Combined is a great website for comparing prices across a range of websites to make sure you are getting the most competitive prices.
We love staying in apartments or villas using Airbnb. Mykonos has an array of beautiful options including some stunning villas overlooking the dreamy beaches.
Mykonos Accommodation Guides
We have put together a guide of the best places to stay in Mykonos from our experience of our time there and research. This includes 5 star hotels in Mykonos, boutique hotels in Mykonos and the best hotels in Mykonos Town.
Please note: Prices were accurate at the time of this post, based on early peak season, and are per night. Some properties require a minimum number of nights stay.
Absolute Splurge: Luxury Accommodation in Mykonos
Mykonos is flooded with luxurious properties, but if you’re going to splurge, you might as well have the best of the best. These are some of our favourites:
Luxe For Less
Luxury in Mykonos comes with a huge range in cost. These options are still luxurious and still costly, just not as costly as some. Here are our picks:
Hotels in Mykonos Under $200/night
You can still stay in some nice, clean, well located hotels for under $200/night, it just takes a while to find them. So we have done the work for you and narrowed the field to our favourites:
- Myconian K (Mykonos Town). From $186/night – Check Prices
- Hotel Aether (Glastros, 1.5km from Mykonos Town). From $142/night – Check Prices
- The A Hotel by Mykonos Arhontiko (1km from Mykonos Town). From $136 – Check Prices
- Fresh Boutique Hotel (Mykonos Town). From $129 – Check Prices
- Princess Of Mykonos (Agios Stefanos, 3km from Mykonos Town). From $195 – Check Prices
- Carbonaki Hotel (Mykonos Town). From $135/night – Check Prices
- Petinaros Hotel (Mykonos Town, 0.6km to the centre of Mykonos Town). From $115/night Check Prices
- Kamari Hotel (Platis Yalos). From $162/night – Check Prices
- Manoulas Mykonos Beach Resort (Agios Ioannis, 3km from Mykonos Town). From $122/night Check Prices
- Argo Hotel (Platis Yialos). From $170/night – Check Prices
- Villa Meliti (Platis Yialos). From $143/night – Check Prices
- Poseidon Hotel (Mykonos Town). From $169/night – Check Prices
- Lithos by Spyros and Flora (Agios Ioannis). From $155/night – Check Prices
Budget Friendly: Mykonos Accommodation Under $100
If you have decided luxury accommodation in Mykonos is just not worth the money, or it’s not important to you, why not go the other end and save money staying somewhere clean and simple. Here are our some of our favourites:
- Villa Pinelopi (Mykonos Town). From $100/night – Check Prices
- Omiros Hotel (Tagoo, 1km from Mykonos Town). From $85/night – Check Prices
- Casa Bianca (Ornos). From $86/night – Check Prices
- Aeolos Hotel (Mykonos Town, just under 1km to the centre of Mykonos Town). From $90/night – Check Prices
- Hotel Philippi (Mykonos Town). From $93/night – Check Prices
Our Favourite Picks Overall Of Where To Stay In Mykonos
Our favourite picks of the luxury Mykonos hotels include:
- Boheme – for the room design and it’s location in Mykonos Town
- Hotel Belvedere – for the room design, the views and location in Mykonos Town
- Grace Mykonos – for the room design and location near beach
- Mykonos Blu – for the hotel design and its location near Psarou Beach
- San Giorgio – for the room design
- Semeli – for it’s location in Mykonos Town
Our favourite picks of the Mykonos Hotels that are less than $200/night include:
- Fresh Boutique Hotel – for the price, location and modern rooms.
- Villa Pinelopi – for the price, location and charm.
Related: Where To Stay In Santorini